Module 6: Strategies for Compliant Bathrooms (1 hour, 30 minutes)
This module provides an in depth synopsis of the technical specifications for bathrooms under the accessibility requirements of the Fair Housing Act. Participants will become familiar with the design specifications and learn useful strategies for creating appealing compliant bathrooms.
What is Covered?
- Dimensional specifications and clearances required by Fair Housing Act Requirement 7 for bathrooms
- Elements of bathroom design and construction that are subject to Fair Housing Act specifications and requirements
- Other Fair Housing Act requirements that apply to bathrooms
- Strategies and tips for creating easy and attractive compliant bathrooms
Who Should Attend?
- Architects and Designers
- Developers and Builders
- Disability and Housing Advocates
How Will You Benefit? You will:
- Enhance your understanding of the technical requirements for bathrooms under the Fair Housing Act
- Gain practical knowledge to apply when designing bathrooms
- Learn strategies and tips for creating attractive compliant bathrooms
- Obtain resources to aid you in compliance
for Compliant Bathrooms (PDF, 2089 K)
Acrobat Reader Required)